As autumn leaves start to paint the landscape with vibrant hues, it’s time to embrace the warm and comforting flavors of the season. One delightful way to do so is by indulging in a slice of Pumpkin Banana Bread. This fusion of two beloved ingredients results in a moist, flavorful loaf that is sure to become a favorite in your fall baking repertoire.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set it aside.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a tougher texture.
- Optional Additions: If you’re including nuts, gently fold them into the batter at this point.
- Fill the Loaf Pan: Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake to Perfection: Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool and Serve: Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, slice and serve.
- For an added touch, drizzle a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk over the top.
- Spread a bit of cream cheese or butter on a warm slice for an extra indulgence.
Store any leftover Pumpkin Banana Bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. Alternatively, you can freeze individual slices for up to three months, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored in an airtight container.
Pumpkin Banana Bread is a delightful way to celebrate the flavors of fall. Its moist texture, combined with the warm spices, creates a comforting treat that’s perfect for enjoying with a cup of tea or coffee on a crisp autumn day. Whether you share it with loved ones or savor it on your own, this recipe is bound to become a seasonal favorite in your kitchen. Happy baking!