Grilling vegetables adds a wonderful smoky flavor and a delightful char that can take your summer meals to a whole new level. Whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based options into your diet, grilled vegetables are a fantastic choice. We explore seven delicious grilled vegetable ideas that are sure to satisfy your taste buds and impress your family and friends at your next barbecue or outdoor gathering.
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers: Portobello mushrooms are a popular choice for vegetarians and vegans as a hearty alternative to meat. Marinate the mushrooms in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, and herbs of your choice, then grill them until tender. Serve the grilled portobello mushrooms on a bun with all your favorite burger toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, avocado, and a tangy sauce.
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan: Asparagus is a versatile vegetable that takes on a delightful smoky flavor when grilled. Drizzle the asparagus spears with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill them until they develop a slight char. Remove them from the grill and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Finish with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese for a burst of savory goodness.
- Grilled Zucchini Ribbons with Pesto: Zucchini is a summer staple that grills beautifully. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons, brush them with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the ribbons for a few minutes until they become tender and develop grill marks. Toss the grilled zucchini ribbons with your favorite homemade or store-bought pesto sauce for a vibrant and flavorful side dish.
- Grilled Bell Peppers and Onions: Grilled bell peppers and onions are a classic combination that adds a sweet and smoky element to any meal. Cut the bell peppers and onions into thick slices or wedges, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of dried herbs like oregano or thyme. Grill until they are nicely charred and caramelized. These grilled veggies are perfect for fajitas, sandwiches, or as a side dish.
- Grilled Eggplant Steaks: Eggplant is a hearty vegetable that becomes tender and delicious when grilled. Slice the eggplant into thick steaks, brush them with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs or spices. Grill the eggplant steaks until they are nicely browned and tender, then serve them as a main course alongside a fresh salad or grain dish.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chili-Lime Butter: Grilling corn on the cob brings out its natural sweetness and adds a smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with a zesty chili-lime butter. Peel back the husks of the corn, remove the silk, and then pull the husks back up. Soak the corn in water for about 10 minutes, then grill it over medium heat until the kernels are tender and slightly charred. Serve the grilled corn with a dollop of chili-lime butter made by mixing melted butter, lime zest, lime juice, and chili powder.
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges: Sweet potatoes are a nutritious and tasty addition to any grilled meal. Cut sweet potatoes into wedges, toss them in olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and your preferred spices like paprika or cumin. Grill the sweet potato wedges until they are golden and crispy on the outside, yet tender on the inside. These grilled sweet potato wedges are the perfect side dish for any barbecue or cookout.
Grilling vegetables is a fantastic way to enhance their flavors and add a smoky twist to your summer meals. With these seven grilled vegetable ideas, you’ll have a variety of delicious options to explore. From hearty portobello mushroom burgers to zesty grilled corn on the cob, these recipes are sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests. So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy a mouthwatering array of grilled vegetable dishes all summer long!